Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Welcome to Pavonine Beauty!

Greetings everyone! I have thought long and hard about whether or not to start a beauty blog or not...

Does the world really need another beauty blogger? Probably not. BUT I have noticed that there doesn't seem to be many blogs directed at those of us who are 40+.  So, that's my goal: to offer ideas and inspiration and reviews and thoughts from the perspective of someone who falls into that category of a woman who has lived a bit, but still likes to play and have fun with her makeup.

I guess I am not all THAT intersted in creating a blog that just talks about anti-aging products and that sort of thing - IMO we talk to much about that stuff. Maybe we can somehow get to a place where we are accepting of our changing skin and beauty routines without giving in entirely...or worse, falling into the trap of some kind of ageism...like all of those snide comments you read or stupid commercials they make that poke fun at your Grandmother...I don't know about you, but I loved my Grandma and I love my Mom and it annoys me to no end how we are constantly reminded how we shouldn't dress/decorate/makeup like our Grandmother.  As if it were the worst thing in the world to be like your Grandma...

Anyway...just a personal soapbox there...

So, without further ado...Let's get on with the makeup!

If there is anything you'd like to know about or even potentially see me review...just let me know... I'm not sponsored or any of that - so everything you see here will be stuff I have purchased myself. And if ever it's not, I will be sure to let you know. But my goal is to give you honest feedback and opinions.


No comments:

Post a Comment