Thursday, August 27, 2015

A little about me and my current skin care routine

Greetings!

I just wanted to pop in and tell you a little about myself.

I'm 46. Married. One cat. Those are the basics.

As for my skin...well, that's more complicated in a way. I still have the occasional breakout (thanks hormones!) but generally speaking, my skin is pretty normal or combination during the times that it's ticked off at me.

I seldom stray from my cleansing routine. I find that a lot of experimentation does NOT make my skin happy. So, although I occasionally make a foray into the vast forest of skin care products, I find that if I do what I always do, my skin is pretty happy. I have recently added a retinol to my regime, which I put on at night before my moisturizer. Other than that, I stick with the same stuff, day in and day out. These products include:

  • Neutrogena Rapid Clear Oil Control Foaming Cleanser - about $7
  • Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser - about $25 depending on the size you get
  • I use a Clarisonic Mia once a day (about $150)
  • Olay Active hydration moisturizer - about $8
  • RoC Deep Wrinkle Serum - about $24
  • Ponds Evening Soothe Facial Wipes- about $6 for 30 
  • Simple Micellar Cleaning Water - about $6

I wash twice a day, morning and night. On days I work out, I tend to just give my face a swipe with a wet washcloth and/or use the Simple Micellar Water on a cotton pad. I put my Olay on too. I leave the heavy duty cleansing until I get back from my workout.

In the morning I use my Neutrogena cleanser in the shower with my Clarisonic. Followed up with Olay.

At night, if I have a full face of makeup on, I use the Ponds wipes to take off at least some of my makeup. If I have worn false eyelashes (a new obsession of mine!) I use a little coconut oil to soften the glue. After that I use the Philosophy cleanser on a washcloth to take off the bulk of my makeup. I follow that up with a second cleansingusing the Neutrogena cleanser. Washing twice seems excessive maybe, but it seems to work for me at this point in my life. I follow that with the RoC serum and finally more Olay. I have tried lots of moisturizers and it seems like this is the only one that isn't too heavy and doesn't break me out. I will say that if I have dry patches or my neck is irritated (which happens a lot in the winter) I use some First Aid Beauty cream. It's good stuff, but pretty heavy duty. Thankfully it's not sticky.

If I haven't worn makeup, I skip the wipes and sometimes the second cleansing. 

Whew! When I write it all out it seems complicated but I guess I have been doing it long enough that it all goes quickly and easily. 


No comments:

Post a Comment